Monday, November 07, 2005

First Day

Today was my first day at work. They already have some projects for me, but I need to install the software. Most of the group is away on trips. Actually there will be only 3-4 members of a about 12 member group there tomorrow. This is fine with me, because then I can settle down in the job.

I am a little nervous due to the fact this job is really what college was all about and I have not done some of these calculations in years (maybe even a decade). Oh I am old.

Okay on to the knitting front, the second purple sock is giving me fits. I am trying to knit on it while reading some posts from a yahoo group that I belong to. Needless to say the sock is not appreciating my lack of concentration on it.

I started another knitting project. Do not guilt trip me!! It is a Christmas gift for my friend, Tamara. We have been friends for over 15years last month. (So my friends in KS and MO, be afraid. You can't get rid of Bad Mary that easily.) I am knitting some flip top mittens for her. She moved this past summer to Madison, WI from San Antonio. Major climate change.

Last thing on the job front, I don't know how I will handle 9hour days Monday-Thursday and 4 hours on Friday. It should be interesting. I am thinking about starting at 7am. I know I am a glutton for punishment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilac Nell's said...

you can get out your old school calculator

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home