Friday, November 18, 2005

Return of the Client

Well, today my yarn client is due to return to the states from Italy where she was inspecting her house. (Please note it is her house as it is only in her name.) I hope she has had a good time and all of their stuff arrived safely. I am unsure how I will be able to represent my client since I moved to TN. I have a feeling there will be some other people trying to take over my contract. Sorry it is ironclad!!

I know the colder weather here has made me very sleepy, but I will survive. I need to figure out how not to bored before my TV shows come on. Remeber I am on Eastern time and the network shows do not start until 8pm. I should do some exercise, but I also have a mind set that I should eat at 5:30pm or 6pm. It creates internal turmoil. I know suck it up BABY!

The Amish bread was from a young lady at work. She gave me a starter, which you basically squeeze the bag every day and then on the 6th day you feed the starter. On the 10th day you reserve some of the starter for your friends and you. Continue the cycle. The bread is very good, but two loaves are produced. This amount is quite a lot, because it is only me eating the bread. It was an interesting experience. She is really nice and is just out of college.

This week I played bridge during a couple of lunches. I do not remember all the subltities of bidding and playing, but I am learning and meeting some people. It helps with the transition, because I do miss all my friends in KS and other places (Hi Tamara if you are reading this).

On the knitting front, I need to make some progress on the PURPLE SOCK THAT WILL NOT QUIT!! I have finished one red mitten and have started the second. And the wrap that I know my client is wondering about for my sister-in-laws. Hmmmm. What stinking wrap are you talking about? I have no clue about a stinking wrap that might be at the bottom of the knitting bag. I only know of purple sockie and red mittens. BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next entry, I will hopefully tell you about my Thanksgiving plans. Turkey will not be found, but steak!!!!

I hope all my friends are enjoying my blog and that I miss all of you (the new ones and the ones that I have been with me for 15 years) very much. I can say that I am blessed with such people to support me in my life. Love, M

3 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

Hey there ! I just stumbled on to your blog because I have a habit of hitting the "next blog" button . I live in East Tennessee as well . You can take a look at my blog if you want . It is nothing special just an account of my daily life and the event , or lack there of , in it . You can find me at
http://abreazylife.blogspot.com

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog Mary. It makes me feel like we are sitting down having a brewskie.

EST is the worst! I remember being a teem and having to wait until after midnight to watch Conan O'Brien. Bundle up and take a leisurely walk...that is what I am doing lately.

Man, I LOVE Amish bread. Haven't had it in years, but love it. LUCKY!

Have Fun!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Lilac Nell's said...

What's the story with the steak at Thanksgiving? Do some pilates in your free time.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home