Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Netherlands

Yes fans of this blog. We are going to the Netherlands unless HR fails me. I have the passport and am planning on leaving at the end of April. After my lace knitting conference in Denver with the client. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXXXXXXXXXXXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been to Europe so this assignment should be interesting. I will be gone until the end of the year at which time I will take a couple of weeks of without pay to explore. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will e-mail some of you with another e-mail address, but do not send any chains or jokes. Period!!!

The scary part for me is what to do with the Baby Honda. I LOVE my car. I am considering selling it and purchasing a new one. The other scary part is my tree which was moved from KS to TN. It was given to me when my father past away 9 years this April. It reminds me of him and the good memories. Hopefully I will have a friend come and water it every 2 weeks.

I will purchase a digital camera. I even know the make and model. So Nell get off my case!! I have already purchased a 30GB Ipod and I am loving it especially the part about only downloading songs that I like. I do not have to purchase a whole album.

The other main concern I have is going to Europe with only two suitcases. I am a woman who enjoys her clothes and yarn. I am high maintenance after all. Stop laughing!

But I know my lovely readers will want to know if I am planning on visiting the client in Italy? Of course, I have to make sure she is welcomed as the great talent she is on both sides of the pond.

Miss ya all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smell a knitting retreat...

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just bring one current knitting project with you for the flight over. When you finish that, you can go to a local store and buy yarn (1/2 price of US) for a new project.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, since it will be summer when you are there, European women don't tend to wear shorts very often. Skirts are a popular choice and keep you surprisingly cool.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Kama...knitting retreat!

You'll have to find out if it is true that you can buy Rowan for 1/2 the price it is over here. Then you'll have to start taking orders. lol.

I am so happy you get this great opportunity! Enjoy your iPod (I've got a Zen Micro, and adore it), and I can't wait to see some pictures!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your preparations are going well.

How did your trip to Colorado with Caroline go?

Lynn

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home