Friday, May 04, 2007

Mellow

Well, most of my friends know that a lot has happened to me since the last post. No, I am not in the Netherlands yet.

While I was in Denver for the lace knitting conference, I received a phone call from one of my brothers. He said that my mom had a stroke with severe bleeding. This was late Thursday afternoon, the 19th. The next Monday we removed the ventilator and mom passed away about three hours later.

I do miss her. I realize that I did not have a perfect relationship with her, but I loved her. It has me somewhat mellow.

I do appreciate everyone's concerns, thoughts and prayers. I will post again soon, but next weekend will be tough with Mother's Day. I hate Hallmark right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry. *hugs* Thinking of you and your family.

I went through a similar thing with my dad a few years ago.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home