Thursday, February 02, 2006

How Bizarre

I started the week having the blues at work all day Monday. I really don't know why. I just felt blue. Then after work I stopped by to pay my cell phone bill. This stop was the beginning of a night of fighting with them. The store here is filled with morons. Every time I go into it for something they mess up. My main problem is I have another year on the contract. I will wait. Needless to say my number will be a KS number for another year. I did not want to increase my contract and I refuse to pay it out.

Tuesday, I found out that I used a wrong temperature for a design. Well the process lead found out about it before I received an e-mail from someone else, but he did not bother to tell me. Later on that night, I talked with a friend who was weeding her garden and she made me feel better.

After these two days, I decided some vacation was in order. At my work, I am able to take vacation by the hour. So I took two hours Wednesday afternoon. I went to a sporting good store. (Okay small pink one- your brother would love it. Send him out to me.) It had tons of hunting stuff and some fishing stuff. Nothing really like Cabela's or Bass Pro, but a little section. Well they are having fly tying classes there for the next four Tuesdays. I signed up. I have taken some classes before but that was over four years ago and I really have not tied much since then. I figure this will be a good course to get my feet wet again and it will get me out of the apartment at least once a week for a while. Also, there is a 15% coupon involved. I had been looking for some continuing education stuff but did not find anything. I do need some engagement of the mind outside of work and knitting. While at work, I received a compliment from a co-worker whom I am helping evaluate some data. Basically I wrote a program that captures the last line of a text file. Of course for one run there are over 1000 files.

Today was a good day in a bizarre way. I am sizing some equipment and after a previous burn from the same process lead (as stated earlier in this post), I check stuff. Turns out there was a couple items wrong and I caught them. I was proud of myself. How do I tell my supervisor about this catch?

I really have not progressed much this week on the knitting. I am almost to the armholes on my vest. I need to haul some knitting butt on this project. I would like to wear it to work. My local yarn store is having a Superbowl sale. I am tempted to go. I still need to plan a trip to Bass Pro and to start scouping out streams to fish here. Hmmm maybe I am getting settled in here and have too much stuff on the weekends to do. Cleaning by the way happens but I would like to avoid it.

Lynn, I may just decide that I will go gray and be proud, but I think with my black eyebrows that a nice deep auburn color would look good.

Hope everyone else is having a normal week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary,

Eyebrows can be dyed too. You may want to start looking at them closely though. I have a couple grays in my eyebrows. Also some gray eyelashes. Mascara is my friend more than ever now.

But, what is wrong with gray. Don't you feel you earned all of them? I do. Of course, I am thinking about a little highlighting to cover the few I can see in the front (I pretend that if I can't see them in the back there probably aren't any there).

Glad you found a class to take. That will be fun and good for you.

Lynn

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO THE ELDERLY CLUB, I'VE BEEN GRAY FOR YEARS. I love tying flies.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are you doing this week? I'm pooped and can't wait to veg out this weekend. Tonight Erik is taking me out for our lates Valentine's dinner.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home