Sunday, March 26, 2006

Race Weekend

Well, I have experienced my first NASCAR race weekend in the Tri-Cities. There is a track in Bristol. Supposedly it becomes hectic here. So being the enterprising person that I am, I decided to go to Sevierville outlet malls. While driving there, I experienced snow, rain, hail and sunshine. The mall was great. Better than Branson or the Lake. There is a Coldwater Creek shop which was having 30% off everything in the store. I purchased some moleskins and jeans. I have heard good things about the jeans. This mall would fit well into Johnson County. There was a Waterford/Wedgewood shop. Will our fearless knitter/fishingwoman return? Yes after all I have braved some bad weather already.

Work wise it was a hectic week. I really need to hop on the treadmill at night to help with the stress. I think I need the good endorphins that exercise brings. Hmmm. I may have to go into the fetal position hugging Pooh Bear after that last thought.

Lynn, I am not planning on returning for Knitting In the Heartland. I know I have several offers to stay without the Mother knowing, but none of the classes appealed to me. I knew that I would probably not take any classes after hearing about Nicky Epstein. Her work does not interest me. Remember everyone is a different knitter and that is what makes us unique. Also $600 for a plane ticket right now with saving for a house/condo is a little much.

I still need to finish the armbands and button band on the vest. I have not felt like finishing it, but I will get to it slowly but surely. I have one more sleeve to do on a Baby Einstein for a friend in St. Louis. It is their first. I am also doing my gusset decreases on Socks that Rock. I will really purchase some more yarn. I also have some yarn for a cute sleeveless shell.

Okay, when does Stitches Midwest open??? And only 66 more days to Camp. I do miss my time off during the day for knitting. Opinion poll do you really think 9 hour days are that great?of a thing??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to here you won't be coming for KITH, but I understand. It is only worth it, if you are interested in the classes. Of course, it would probably be worth it to come to the April Guild meeting. I will be teaching how to make the lacy mobius ponchette.

Sounds like great shopping. We have a Coldwater Creek store here too. I love it. I really love to shop on their online outlet site. I get great buys there. Check it out.

The Baby Einstein works up so cute. I knit one for a family at Church a couple years ago. I used different colors for most of the panels. Some panels had two colors if I didn't have enough. It was really fun with bright colors. You will have fun knitting it.

Lynn

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you get off work at the end of the week early? that would be nice.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Megan B said...

hey, I'm new in the Bristol area. Its good to see there are some knitters down here!
Megan

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home