Sunday, April 16, 2006

Burn Baby Burn

No, I am not a disco inferno. Well yesterday, I attended an all-day casting/bug/fishing class. I enjoy flyfishing, but my casting technique leaves something to be desired even after all these years. I think I was the star pupil, because she almost forgot to video tape me. I learned a lot. On the other hand, I forgot my sunscreen and have a nice burn on the forearms and back of the calves. Hopefully, I will be able to place some of this knowledge to good use next weekend.

On the knitting front, I need to get my but in gear on the blanket. I have been ignoring it and trying to finish the fir cone shell. I need some summer stuff for work. I have a couple of other items in the works too. I am considering ripping out my socks that rock because they are wickedly too big for my itty bitty foot. I am delicate after all.

I did make a yarn purchase this weekend too. On Friday, I went to the LYS and she had received some Elsbeth Lavold Silky Tweed in a Dusty Rose. Needles to say I purchased all 10 skeins of it. I saw it and grabbed it immediately. BAD MARY!!!!

For Easter dinner I did not have ham. I choose to have a T-Bone with shrums. YUMMY. I hope you all had a good Easter weekend and think about his sacrifice for us. Love ya all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fun week.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I have been eyeballing the silky wool/silky tweed, but wondering what to make out of it? Do you have a fabulous pattern in mind for yours?
Oh, and we call 'em 'rooms. Found 97 'rooms on Good Friday. Yum. (I know it's not many, but we're in a drought!)

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home